What is a cookie?
A cookie is a tiny information file that is downloaded onto your computer, tablet or smartphone when you access a website.
What are cookies for?
- Speed up and simplify the interaction between users and the website
- Remember user preferences during and between visits
- Provide essential functionality (e.g. a shopping bag if the website is an online shop)
- Give the website owner useful user statistics to help them better understand their audience
- Perform numerous other functions such as enhanced security
By accepting the cookie alert banner or using our website you consent to the use of the following cookies:
Our site, like many, includes functionality provided by third parties. A common example is an embedded YouTube video.
- Links to Facebook
Disabling these cookies will likely break the functions offered by these third parties
- Only the information that you provide, or the choices you make while visiting a website, can be stored in a cookie.
- Allowing a website to create a cookie does not give it, or any other website, access to the rest of your computer.
Most web browsers such as Chrome, Safari, Edge, Internet Explorer and Firefox etc. enable you to allow, delete, block and otherwise control cookies.